Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Final blog


1.            Review your unit 3 personal assessment of your psychological, physical, and spiritual well-being. Reflect on these areas . How did you score yourself on a scale from 1 to 10 in unit 3? How do you score yourself now? Has the score changed? Why or why not?

I had scored myself a 6 in physical well-being and would say I’m at a 7 or 8 now.  I was still recovering from Lymes disease but am feeling much better from those symptoms.  I have improved my diet but still need to include some exercise into my routine. 

I scored myself between 8 or 9 in my spiritual well-being and after taking this class I would say that that was probably a bit higher than it should have been.  I would say that I was probably at a 6 or 7 and am not at a 7 or 8.  I have started meditating on a regular basis but am still making that change so I need to stick with it!

I had scored myself a 7 in the psychological area, I’d say that now I’m probably at 8 or 9 in this area.  I’m sure the meditating has helped me improve in this area. 

2.            Review the goals and activities you set for yourself in each area. Have you made progress toward the goals? Explain.

My goal for physical well being was to start doing yoga again.  I have started doing a short routine at home and looked up some local yoga center class information.

My goal for spiritual well being was to look for a meditation center.  I did find the centers closest to me but have not visited any yet.

My goal for psychological well being was to start being more gentle with myself in order to build self-esteem and I do believe I have made some progress in this area. 

3.            Have you implemented the activities you chose for your well-being in each of the three areas? Explain.

I have started most of the activities as stated above but still need to do some more work in each area.  One step at a time!

4.            Summarize your personal experience throughout this course. Have you developed improved well-being? What has been rewarding? What has been difficult? How will this experience improve your ability to assist others?

I have enjoyed taking this class.  It has motivated me to further my well-being and learn how to do this.  I think each step can be both difficult and rewarding.  I’m excited to keep going and discover more.  As I improve myself I can use my knowledge to help others on their journey’s as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment